The Terms that our Solicitors insist upon:
1) Buyers of the UK Business Website Directory (henceforth called “Buyers”) agree that they understand that while the Directory lists information such as website and email addresses that those listed have not asked to receive any communications from buyers. All current laws and regulations in the UK and the EU governing Data Protection, the sending of Email messages and Direct Marketing apply. Buyers understand the vendor of the Directory is not liable for any failure on the part of Buyers to comply with these laws.
2) Buyers understand that the vendor of the Directory is not responsible if any Email Delivery Services such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Aweber and others refuse to deliver Buyers email messages via their systems. (Read more about finding Email Delivery Services here )
3) The Vendor guarantees that 100% of the website and email addresses listed are correct and we will provide a proportionate*** refund for email addresses that are undeliverable Hard Bounces* but we cannot make refunds for Soft Bounces** or other delivery failures that are outside of our control such IP Blocks and Server Time Outs. All Hard Bounces must be returned to us in file or report generated by a professional email delivery service. The Vendor cannot support buyers using email applications that do not generate such files or reports. (Read more about finding Email Delivery Services here )
4) All email addresses supplied are unique. There are duplicate website addresses as we often supply more than one unique email address at each website address.
5) The Directory is provided zipped in .csv format. Buyers understand they must have an up to date spread sheet or a database program such as Excel 2007 onwards or MS Access in order to properly sort the .csv file(s) provided.
6) The Directory is provided for the sole use of the buyer and their representatives. It must not be sold, hired or otherwise passed to any independent third party. To protect our interest in this respect all our lists are ‘seeded’ with a limited number of unique addresses that are under our control.
7) As the Directory is a digital product it is impossible for us to reclaim it once in your possession. Apart from the guarantee mentioned in point 3 above we cannot offer refunds. Please make sure the Directory suits your needs and ask any questions you might have before purchase.
8) There are links within this website that may lead you to the websites of third parties. Buyers understand that we are not responsible for the content of such third party websites nor for your reliance on such content nor for the quality of any goods or services offered.
9) There might be links TO this website from the websites of third parties. Buyers understand that we are not responsible for the content of such third party websites nor for your reliance on such content nor for the quality of any goods or services offered.
10) The Directory contains Business Website Addresses, Email Address(es) at those Websites and Business Category information. No other information is provided.
11) The intended use of the Directory is for Market Research and other Business related research purposes. The vendors do not recommend or promote the Directory’s use for bulk email marketing purposes. Buyers agree to not violate the email sending policies of their ISP or Web Hosting Service by sending email via their IP address. (read more about Email delivery issues here )
12) Payment and Delivery Details are as provided in the Shopping Cart.
13) All guarantees are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase.
* A Hard Bounce means an email message that cannot be delivered where the receiving server returns an error message of a permanent failure such as “Domain does not exist”, ” Mailbox does not Exist”, “User Unknown” , “Email Address Unknown” or “Website Unknown”
** A Soft Bounce means an email message that cannot Temporarily be delivered and returns an error message such as “user over quota,” “mailbox full”, “blocked due to content” These types addresses will usually be deliverable at a later date or deliverable if you adjust your content.
*** For example: If 5% of the records listed contain undeliverable hard bounces we will refund 5% of the purchase price.